Arugula and Kale Salad
Salad with a base of some of the power greens that Dr. Esselstyn talks about for reversing heart disease. Remember it is so important to chew your greens so you activate the nitric oxide pathway from your mouth and help all your blood vessels and endothelium!
Enjoy this delicious heart healthy salad!
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Total Time 15 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- Kale (4-5 stems, washed well and chopped)
- Arugula (1 handful per plate)
- Beets (peeled and diced)
- Avocado (1/4 per salad plate) - omit if you have heart disease as it has too much fat per Dr. Esselstyn
- Cherry tomatoes - quartered
- Cucumbers (diced)
- Raisen or dates (pitted and chopped)
- Sliced almonds - approximately 1tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds (sprouted) - approximately 1 tbsp
- Blackberries (or any other berries like blueberries, raspberries or strawberries)
- Hemp Seeds - approximately 1 tsp per plate
- Wash all ingredients well
- Base of kale and arugula
- Add additional veggies
- Add additional nuts and seeds and fruit
- Enjoy! You don't even need dressing with all these ingredients!