Gluten-Free Banana Bread!
Banana Bread - Gluten Free
I’m a sweet lover and this banana bread is decadent and gluten-free allowing us to enjoy the health benefits and feel like we’re breaking the rules at the same time! Enjoy!
I combined a few recipes for this delicious treat. Main recipe is modified from this moist (gimmedelicious.com) GF recipe to substitute the butter and milk to plant-based sources and remove chocolate chips (which sometimes give me headaches). The cinnamon swirl recipe is taken from the recipe from www.glutenfreeonashoestring.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 50 Minutes
- Total Time 65 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 4-5 ripe bananas mashed - can microwave for 1 minute to help release juices and sweetness (and allow to cool)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (I have not tried to substitute flax eggs yet)
- 2 tbsp plant-based yogurt (I used Silk Vanilla Soy Yogurt)
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cinnamon Swirl - 2 tbsp coconut oil melted, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease loaf pan. I usually line it with aluminum foil and spray the inside foil to make serving of the loaf easier.
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Combine all wet ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into loaf pan
- Layer 1/2 of the cinnamon swirl mixture
- Pour the other 1/2 of the batter on top
- Layer other 1/2 of the cinnamon swirl on top
- Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes
- Check if cooked with fork or toothpick - should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy this delicious gluten-free treat!