Chickpea Pancakes (or Omelette - but no eggs!)
This is a delicious savory alternative for breakfast that my kids love!
You can serve it by itself or with sautéed mushrooms, onions, or tomatoes.
This is a modified version/combination of recipes from the recipe found on both 1) Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen cookbook and 2) The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease cookbook.
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 20 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 1 Cup Chickpea flour or Besan flour
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder or flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder or seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Approximately 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or paprika (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add water to make a paste.
- Cook on fry pan or griddle like a pancake and flip over when bubbles form.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: Sauté onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, sprinkle of salt and serve on top of pancakes.
- Optional: Serve with chutney (coriander/cilantro or imlee) or hot&sweet sauce or ketchup.