Spicy Beans and Greens (for the InstantPot)
Spicy Beans and Greens (for the Instantpot)
Smoky, spicy, delicious! One of my favorites!
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Total Time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- Garlic (3-5 cloves diced or 1-1.5 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed) - can also use 3/4 cup black eye peas (soaked for 8 hrs)
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 4-5 stalks of kale (rinsed and chopped)
- 2-3 dates (pitted and chopped)
- salt to taste (approx 1 tsp)
- Turn Instantpot on to Saute Function
- Add onions and saute until translucent (with 1 tsp oil or 1/8 cup of water)
- Add chipotle sauce, paprika, garlic and stir for <1 minute
- Add black beans, crushed tomatoes, dates and salt
- Close Instantpot Lid. Cancel saute function and select bean/chili function and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes
- Carefully release steam via vent value
- Stir in kale and let it wilt into dish for 3-4 minutes
- Serve as a main dish or side dish
- Enjoy! You just got your protein, fiber and greens/phytonutrients!
Can serve with hot sauce on top to make it extra spicy!
Suggested serving with delicious cornbread if main dish.